Be Alert for Rabies!
A skunk in the Del Mar Park area tested positive for rabies on Wednesday April 27, 2016. The skunk was found in a residential neighborhood and may have exposed other people or animals.
Rabies is a fatal disease that spreads to animals and people by the bite or scratch of an infected animal. Report any contact with a skunk to Tri-County Health Department immediately at 303-220-9200.
Take these steps to protect your family and pets:
· Do not feed, touch, or handle wild animals.
· Be sure your animals are current on their rabies vaccination. Immediately have your veterinarian vaccinate your dogs, cats, horses, and livestock if they are not up to date.
· Maintain control of your pets and keep them under direct supervision.
· Call the Colorado Parks and Wildlife office at
303-291-7227 you see a sick wild animal.
· Contact your health care provider if you are bitten or scratched by a wild animal. Also report the incident Tri-County Health Department at